After losing Gocchin and Kemeko (the latter JUST one single before) it was time to bring in new blood and it seemed once again we got four new members. Well, sort of. Three were actually brand new members: Sayumi, Reina, and Eri while Miki was in training and working up a solo career at the time yet she got lifted to being a Momosu member (even though she was a solo artist). Even more interesting is that unlike all of the previous generations, the Rokkies’ first single, “Shabondama” featured Miki and Reina at the forefront of the single which was new!
Tenure: Shabondama ——-> Kanashimi Twilight (15 Singles + 3 Albums + Kanashimi Twilight on “Platinum 9 DISC”)
Signature Song in Momosu: Samui Kara Fuyu da mon! ~Doumokou mo Naissu yo Mikitty~ (song from 7.5 Fuyu Fuyu Morning Musume Mini!)
Solo Career?: Yep, even before turning into a Momosu member and that stands out to me more than any other member of Morning Musume.
Sub-Groups: Gomattou, Odoru♡11, 11WATER, Country Musume ni Konno to Fujimoto, Sexy Otonajan, GAM and was in the special groups MM Otomegumi and Dream Morning Musume
Overall opinion: I seriously think that Mikitty is one of Momosu best and strongest singers.
I think we can figure why Miki was so bitchy joining Morning Musume. I mean did she really want to go from a pretty good solo career into a group setting. I wouldn’t be too pleased about it either in my opinion. Anyways, Miki to me was always one of the strongest singers of all the members of Momosu and that’s saying something. There were songs that really impressed me vocally like Shabondama, Roman ~MY DEAR BOY~, and even Kanashimi Twilight. Given, those songs were for the vocally epic so it was no guess that she would kick so much ass. Yeah she did leave without a graduation due to scandals happening, but I seriously think she wanted to leave in some way. Still, she’s my favorite out of this generation and it sucks she had to leave early. Would’ve made later song sound….less boggy….
Tenure: Shabondama ———> Onna to Otoko no Lullaby Game (26 Singles + 6 Albums)
Signature Song in Momosu: Kataomoi no Owari ni (album song from “Platinum 9 DISC”)
Solo Career?: Well she did do cover songs in H!P land…but I wouldn’t say solo career in original songs though.
Overall opinion: In personality, it couldn’t get any better than Kame. She always managed to make me laugh when the spotlight was on her and while she isn’t vocally as great as other members she found a nice niche for herself!
It’s really weird when there’s a member that just gets to you in a great way and that’s what Eri did for me. After her ~refreeegeter~ episode, she’s always made me laugh at the things she does on the various shows she was on. In the group, she was pretty much not too important in lines until Iroppoi Jirettai where she and Koharu shared the opening lines. Since that single she’s appeared more and more on singles like Nanchatte Renai and Onna to Otoko no Lullaby Game. I am a little saddened that she left because of health issues but I hope she gets better and returns because I miss her a lot (the most out of the triple graduation).
- Tenure: Shabondama ——–> TIKI BUN / Shabadabadoo~ / Mikaeri Bijin (39 Singles + 9Albums)
- Signature Song in Momosu: It’s You (album track from “Platinum 9 DISC”), Fantasy ga Hajimaru (album track from “Fantasy! Juuichi”), and Lalala no Pipipi (album track from “13 Colorful Character”)
- Solo Career?: Nope
- Sub-Groups: Ecomoni and Zoku v-u-den and did MM Otomegumi and Mobekimasu
- Overall opinion: She’s really adorable and after the twins and Rika-chan graduated she took up the sickingly cute spot quite quickly.
Sayu has always been a strange member for me. When she first started I thought she was an attention hogger and she still does today but it’s not like enough to make me hate her anymore. Like Konkon though, she’s a pretty crappy singer and her dancing is OK. She does have moments where she fits in the music like Namida ga Tomaranai Houkago and various moans here and there, but once Tsunku found the auto-tune he’s been slamming her with it in recent times like in Fantasy ga Hajimaru. She still is quite cute and now with her becoming the sub-leader, I just can’t imagine how she’ll do once Risa leaves. Luckily, her leadership has suddenly brought Momosu up from the ashes with new life and popularity…it’s so amazing to see, though it was time for her to leave the coop and let the newer members take charge.
- Tenure: Shabondama ———-> Brainstorming / Kimi Sae Ireba Nani mo Iranai (35 Singles + 8 Albums)
- Signature Song in Momosu: Kira Kira Fuyu no Shiny G (song from “7.5 Fuyu Fuyu Morning Musume Mini!”), Heya to Y Shirts to Watashi (song from the Champloo album), Ai no Honoo (album song from “Fantasy! Juuichi”), Namida Hitoshizuku (album song from “13 Colorful Character”), and Rock no Teigi (B-side from Brainstorming / Kimi Sae Ireba Nani mo Iranai)
- Solo Career?: Like the other current H!P members, just only cover songs right now.
- Sub-Groups: Aa!, Elegies, High-King, and Reborn Eleven and participated in MM Otomegumi and Mobekimasu
- Overall opinion: As Reina is aptly called the perfect Momosu girl, I really dislike that name Tsunku gave her. She’s not that great and kind of is getting tiresome like Takitty.
I’m going to be straightforward, when Reina opened up the Gen’s debut song, Shabondama, I was impressed by her almost by a longshot because she had edge to her. Then she kind of backed off to the back for a while to let more of the powerhouse singers lead up until Iroppoi Jirettai where she did start to take more of a major role in lyrics. Since then she’s kind of been off and on with how well she sings the songs since she can be nasally or she can sing it right. I’m a little unsure what to feel, but I feel that her time to leave is near and I really don’t want her taking Ai’s already big enough percentage head-on! Even though it did come to fruition Reina did get better vocally and now she’s graduating to a new band ^_^! Can’t wait to hear how that turns out.
NEXT TIME THE 7TH and 8TH GENS….UBER CUTE, WTF DEBUT, AND PANDAS!!!!!